FAPESP issues two calls for proposals
COVID-19/UN Research Roadmap
FAPESP, the São Paulo Research Foundation, is releasing a second COVID-19 call for proposals to support projects by researchers affiliated with institutions in the state of São Paulo, Brazil, on topics relevant to the management and mitigation of the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic that were not addressed by the researchers in the first call (Supplements for Rapid Implementation in COVID-19). This call will prioritize collaborative projects, with an emphasis on transnational partnerships. Research proposals submitted to this call should be policy-oriented (rather than curiosity-driven). The UN Research Roadmap for COVID-19 Recovery, to which FAPESP contributed, might be used as a template for proposals.
Examples of questions and priority themes for proposals are presented in Annex 1. Those questions were based on the UN Research Roadmap for COVID-19 Recovery, augmented with Education and Mental Health questions.
In this call, for example, in the ‘Chapter 3. How to prepare the proposal?’, the PI submitting the proposal will be responsible for identifying eligible collaboration partners and for designing a joint project. However, FAPESP suggests these resources to facilitate the identification of prospective partners: the project tracking tool – COVID-19 Research Project Tracker by UKCDR & GloPID-R
Trans-Atlantic Platform (T-AP) recovery, renewal and resilience in a post-pandemic wrld
This 2021 call for proposals with the Trans-Atlantic Platform in Social Sciences and Humanities (T-AP) aims to:
- enhance high quality trans-Atlantic co-operation in the social sciences and the humanities
- share and transfer knowledge and good practices
- promote multi-disciplinary research on topics of medium and long-term interest
- to learn from, enhance and expand existing research networks
- strengthen research capabilities and to encourage scientific excellence through interactions of scholars
- enhance and facilitate research networks and programs related to “Societal Challenge 6 and 7 in Horizon 2020 related to the Inclusive, Innovative, Reflective and Secure Society”